Thursday, August 30, 2012

Theatre Thursday: Back to School in "As You Like It"

"Rosalind Gives Orlando a Chain"; a 19th century illustration by Emile Bayard from Shakespeare's As You Like It. Picture acquired through Wikimedia Commons. Image public domain.

To commemorate "back to school" time for children and adults continuing their education around the world, I bring you a quote concerning a reluctant schoolboy from Shakespeare.

"And then the whining schoolboy with his satchel, and shining morning face, creeping like a snail unwillingly to school. "
-Jacques, As You Like It

Coincidentally, The Globe Theatre (currently on tour) is performing As You Like It. They will also be doing a special showing of the play at Penrhyn Castle, only on Sept 1st.

This month I will begin working toward my Masters in History; my first course will be about The Wars of the Roses, and I am very much looking forward to it!

1 comment:

  1. My Wife left me,,,for some one else and she deny it,,we have been married for 12 years but have been together for 28 years,i feel sick to the core,we have a 15 year old daughter and its affecting her life also .i just dont know what to do,i dont want to throw her out ,dont think i could face it on my own, not until i go online and i saw how Dr happy help to restored back broken marriage and fix up relationship i just feel very weak and depressed.i love my wife and i want her back to our daughter so i decided to give a try to Dr happy who i put my trust and believe on immediately after i contact him, gave him all our details and do what he ask of me, a day after the spell trust me my wife was back and this time she love and care for me and my daughter all thank to Dr happy if you fine it difficult or have any problem with your marriage, relationship, getting ex back, you can call Dr happy on his mobile number +2348133873774 or still email him via

    happylovespell2@gmail.com

    web site: http://happylovespell.webs.com

    ReplyDelete