Sunday, August 26, 2012

On This Day in Elizabethan History: Queen Elizabeth & her Court Depart from Shaw House

A portrait of Queen Elizabeth I, c.1590, residing in Jesus College, Oxford. Picture acquired through Wikimedia Commons. Image public domain.

On this day in Elizabethan history, 1592, Queen Elizabeth and her court left Shaw Manor, Newbury, in West Berkshire. Queen Elizabeth's progress that year took her on a tour of the southern part of her realm.
Shaw House in West Berkshire has a new temporary exhibit centered around Queen Elizabeth I's royal progress in 1592. According to the Shaw House website, the manor enjoys the distinction of being one of only a few locations Queen Elizabeth I visited that is still standing! For more information on this family-friendly exhibit, visit: Monarch on the Move: Queen Elizabeth's Visit to Shaw House.

A view of Shaw House in West Berkshire from a modern paved road. Picture acquired through Wikimedia Commons courtesy of Julian Tubb. Image public domain.

1 comment:

  1. My Wife left me,,,for some one else and she deny it,,we have been married for 12 years but have been together for 28 years,i feel sick to the core,we have a 15 year old daughter and its affecting her life also .i just dont know what to do,i dont want to throw her out ,dont think i could face it on my own, not until i go online and i saw how Dr happy help to restored back broken marriage and fix up relationship i just feel very weak and depressed.i love my wife and i want her back to our daughter so i decided to give a try to Dr happy who i put my trust and believe on immediately after i contact him, gave him all our details and do what he ask of me, a day after the spell trust me my wife was back and this time she love and care for me and my daughter all thank to Dr happy if you fine it difficult or have any problem with your marriage, relationship, getting ex back, you can call Dr happy on his mobile number +2348133873774 or still email him via

    happylovespell2@gmail.com

    web site: http://happylovespell.webs.com

    ReplyDelete